Durability Base Stat Package
All champions will receive the following Durability Base Stat Package.
Heals, Shields, Sustain, and Grievous Wounds
A big takeaway here is that our goal is NOT to nerf sustain. Since each champion utilizes sustain differently, some will be stronger with the update and others weaker. That said, we’ll be keeping a very close eye on these changes as they roll out and making adjustments where needed.
Since increasing durability means that heals, shields, and sustain will matter more to everyone, we’re nerfing these systems accordingly with approximately equal weight. On a similar note, we’re also nerfing Grievous Wounds this patch in order to keep it in balance with healing so that its power will be roughly the same as before. These changes apply to all parts of the game, including champions, items, runes, Summoner Spells, and objectives.
Proactive Extended Combat Nerfs
With these updates, you can expect fights to last a little longer. The goal is not to make games longer, but rather to nerf a few systems (Sunfire Aegis, Moonstone Renewer, Demonic Embrace, and Conditioning) that could dominate the game if left unchecked (League of Cleavers anyone?). We don’t want to pre-nerf potentially OP champions for this patch, but we’re confident these systems would warp item and rune choices if left unchecked.
Because today’s update touches *checks notes* almost every single champion in League, we’re going to spare our mental and won’t write context for every single champ. That being said, in addition to the durability update, we have a few unrelated QoL follow-ups for Swain’s recent rework. So skip ahead for your favorite bird tactician.
10% ⇒ 9% maximum health
Nunu & Willump
Lord Dominik’s Regards
Elixir of Wrath
Locket of the Iron Solari
Maw of Malmortius
Shard of True Ice
Font of Life
Grasp of the Undying
Taste of Blood
(Re)calling all honorable players! A new Honor recall VFX is now available for you to show off in-game and will automatically apply to the following:
- Players who are Honor Level 5
- Players who are Honor Level 3 or above AND have been honored by one or more non-premade teammate in their last game
- Players who are Honor Level 3 or above AND have been honored by two or more premade teammates in their last game
The Challenger recall animation has also been updated! If you’re eligible for both, the Challenger recall VFX will take precedence over the Honor recall.
Friend Request Blocking
You can now block players in the Friend Request popup. (Yes, no more unwanted spam requests!)
High MMR Duo Restrictions (KR & NA Only)
In patch 12.10, we’ll be testing a change to duo queue around Apex Tiers for KR and NA regions only.
Having a premade duo is a slight advantage, and while current Apex Tier players aren’t able to duo with anyone, the system only works off current rank. With this change, we’re tightening up the Apex Tier restriction to apply to MMR as well.
The goal of this is to prevent climbing smurfs from being able to duo queue into Apex tier. That said, decayed Apex Tier players and the highest skilled Diamond I players may also be impacted by this change.
Up until now these players could duo and reliably get into Apex Tier games, which isn’t fair when the people they’re playing against can’t duo. If this change works as expected, we’ll evaluate shipping it to the rest of the world with plans to re-evaluate before Season Start.
- TOOLTIP CLEANUP: Several tooltips have been updated for consistency, clarity, and correctness!
- SHYVANA QOL: Shyvana’s Q – Twin Bite now grants a small attack range increase, similar to like other basic attack resets (like Nasus’ Q – Siphoning Strike)
- Shyvana’s Dragon Form Q – Twin Bite will correctly strike twice against Inhibitors and Nexus
- Kled’s R – Chaaaaaaaarge!!! will no longer cause him to visually desync from the enemy’s perspective (fiiiiiiiinally!!!)
- Sion will no longer be able to knock back Rift Herald using E – Roar of the Slayer
- Spirit Visage will now correctly amplify healing from Omnivamp
- Fixed a bug where Rengar’s empowered Q – Savage Strike attacks against towers would not grant him bonus attack speed
- Certain crowd control immunity effects will no longer be consumed by blast cones triggered by allies (Dr. Mundo’s Passive – Goes Where He Pleases, Malzahar’s Passive – Void Shift, and Morgana’s E – Black Shield)
- Kog’Maw’s Passive – Icathian Surprise will no longer proc his own Immortal Shieldbow active
- Lethal Tempo will now correctly proc against enemy champion clones
- Fixed a bug where Anathema’s Chains cooldown did not properly scale with item ability haste
- Glacial Augment will correctly be replaced by First Strike on all champions that do not have any compatible form of CC (Nidalee, why..? </3)
- Fixed an SFX bug where you would sometimes hear non-Epic jungle monsters spawn or die even when they were in Fog of War
- Fixed a SFX bug where players would sometimes hear Hexgates being used, even if they were not looking at them
- Fixed a bug where casting and ending Pyke’s W – Ghostwater Dive during an a enemy Nocturne’s R – Paranoia would remove the red tint effect from your screen
- Fixed minor inconsistencies with Yorick’s W – Dark Procession and E – Mourning Mist VFX
- Fixed a bug with the “Immediate Immobilization” Challenge where certain slows would incorrectly count toward its progress
- Fixed a bug with the “Active Participation” Challenge where certain types of kill participation would sometimes incorrectly count toward its progress